Have you started to notice the days are getting longer and the weather is getting warmer? We definitely have here at hamper HQ and we are very excited. Here are 15 of our favorite things to do in spring.
1. Visit a National Trust property: This is the perfect time of year to renew that national trust membership and spend your weekends walking around beautiful gardens, parks and buildings.
2. A bike ride: Time to get your bike out and your sensible shoes on. There is nothing like a family bike ride to burn off some calories so you can enjoy that extra piece of cake, or even a cheeky glass of wine!
3. Go star gazing: Why not try learning some astronomy? There is nothing more beautiful than looking up at the stars on a warm, clear night. It would be even more impressive if you knew what constellations you were looking at!
4. Have a picnic: Here at hamper HQ picnics are our absolute FAVOURUITE thing to do. So grab your Todhunter hamper and head down to the park for a relaxing afternoon. Check out our top 10 tips for the perfect picnic here:- http://www.giftsandhampers.com/blogs/news/117796035-10-tips-for-a-perfect-picnic
5. Do some gardening: It is that time of year again when you can spend your weekends back in the garden planting your favorite flowers and vegetables. Make your garden the envy of all your neighbors and a truly magical place to spend time in.
6. Visit a farm: Travel to your local farm and while your kids are playing with the animals you could be browsing the farm produce to make a fabulous pie or stew for your dinner.
7. Make something! There is nothing more fun that spending your time making something beautiful for your house or garden. Why not trying refurbishing old pieces of wood to use as signs for your garden.
8. Pick strawberries: It is that time again when strawberries and blueberries are everywhere. So grab a basket and get picking!
9. Learn a new recipe: Get in that kitchen and make a cake Paul Hollywood would be proud of! Who knows, maybe you could be the next winner of Great British Bake Off! You could even use the strawberries that you have been picking.
10. Have a scavenger hunt: This is a perfect activity for all ages! Whether you are solving complex riddles to find the next clue or simply searching for treats in your garden, this is a perfect way to get the whole family involved.
11. Paint something: Get out your watercolors, head down to your favorite picturesque destination and paint something that inspires you. It really is a truly relaxing way to spend an afternoon and you might end up with a new piece of artwork to hang above your mantelpiece.
12. Go for a walk: Rain, wind or shine, any excuse to get some fresh air! You can stick on your favorite sundress or pull on some wellies and splash in some puddles.
13. Go camping: Whether you are pitching a tent in a muddy field or ‘glamping’ in style. Camping can be an inexpensive and fun holiday for all the family.
14. Go bird watching: This is a perfect way to learn a little bit more about nature and can even become a fun hobby. You don’t need expensive equipment and birds can be seen almost anywhere! So David Attenborough eat your heart out!
15. Have a tea party: Last but not least why not just invite your friends round for a bit of a natter. Especially if you have just baked that impressive strawberry cake!